Mark your calendars! Saturday, June the 17th at 4:00 PM we will officially open a short but critical trail. After many years, countless meetings and almost 1000 volunteer hours, the Fox Mountain Trail Network has a new and official entry/exit that avoids private property issues. The project, spearheaded by local trail advocate Mark Savard, would not have been possible without the help of the following organizations and individuals:
- The City Of Williams Lake
- The Cariboo Regional District
- Signal Point Gaming
- Ministry of Recreation Sites and Trails BC
- Williams Lake Cycling Club
- Cariboo Mountain Bike Consortium
- Soda Creek First Nation
- Longhorn Fencing
- Tim Menning and Hytest Timber
- Red Shred’s Bike and Board Shed
- First Journey Trails
- … and countless local businesses that provided support and donations
A huge “Thank You” to all the volunteers who helped with digging, clearing, brushing, packing lumber, hauling construction material and supporting this important project.
The ribbon cutting ceremony will be held at 4:00 PM at the Visitor Reception Centre parking lot/trailhead. Adventure Charters will provide bike shuttles to the top trailhead.Shuttles starting at 3:00 PM.